World Cancer Day
World Cancer day is an international day organised by Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) and celebrated on 4 february every year.World Cancer Day originated in 2000 at the first World Summit Against Cancer, which was held in Paris. It is an opportunity to raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection and treatment. It is also called WCD.
WORLD CANCER DAY HISTORY
This day is an opportunity to rally the international community to end the injustice of preventable suffering from cancer. This day is observed by the united nation.
The Charter of Paris Against Cancer,which was created to promote research, prevent cancer, improve patient services, also included an article establishing the anniversary of the document’s official signing as World Cancer Day. They took a sign from the summit who is the General Director of UNESCO,Koichiro Matsuura, and then French President Jacques Chirac in Paris on 4 February 2000.
World cancer is a leading international awareness day. It is an action taken by the government of the nation to spread welfare awareness, improve education, and alert for the treatment given to a person whom they won’t face cancer which is a killing disease.
WHAT IS CANCER ?
Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body. Cancer develops when the body’s normal control of the body stops working. Old cells do not die and instead grow out of control, forming new, abnormal cells. These extra cells may form a mass of tissue, called a tumor.
It is a disease that can happen with generic reasons. The person who is already suffering from cancer, it is possible for their new generation born from them might have the disease cancer’s microbial spreading in their blood and nerves.
PRECAUTIONS OF CANCER DISEASE
Cancer is a deadly disease. And throughout life, if we are taking safety but only one mistake of life can completely lose us in memory. So on this day each year, hundreds of activities and events has been organised for the awareness with cancer, with gathering together in a communities, organisations and individuals in schools, businesses, hospitals, marketplaces, parks, community halls, places of worship – in the streets and online social media as a powerful reminder that we all have a role to play in reducing the global impact of cancer.
There is also a drama over cancer happening in schools and colleges. Some of precaution for avoid cancer are mentioning below ;-
- Do not eat tobacco. Using any kind of tobacco puts yourself to the disease of cancer.
- We should eat a healthy diet.
- Junks food and unhealthy diet is a symbol of putting you towards cancer.
- Protect yourself from the direct effects of sunlights.
- Maintain a healthy weight and do physical activity like yoga, maintenance, , and exercise in daily routine.
- Morning walks and some yoga and exercise can protect you from cancer.
- Get regular medical checkup and care with the consultation of a doctor.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Get vaccinated in your routine.
- Take precautions due to S.T.D.
- Do not keep in use of anything for using items like blades, towels, soap,shampoo, brush, garments, etc.
13 HEALTHY FOOD THAT COULD LOWER YOUR RISK OF CANCER
- Broccoli. Broccoli contains sulforaphane. One test study showed that it reduced the size and number of breast cancer cells upto 75%.
- Carrots. Several studies have found that eating more carrots is linked to a decreased risk of certain types of cancer.
- Beans. Beans are high in fiber, which some studies have found may help protect against colorectal cancer .
- Berries.- Berries are high in anthocyanins plant pigments that have antioxidant properties and may be associated with a reduced risk of cancer. It reduces 7% of the risk cancer.
- Cinnamon – we all know very well for healthy benefits of cinnamon.A test-tube study found that cinnamon extract was able to decrease the spread of cancer cells and induce their death
- Nuts. – Research has found that eating lots of nuts has the ability to reduce the cancer cells in risk of cancer.
- Olive Oil – olive oil is loaded with several health benefits. So it is no wonder for one of the meditarrian diet for lower risk of cancer.
- Turmeric –
- Citric fruit –
- Flaxseed –
- Tomatoes – a research of tube test method it is shown that higher intake of raw tomatoes, cooked tomatoes and lycopene were all associated with a reduced risk of prostate cancer.
- Garlic and – research has proven in many ways for killing the bacteria of having cancer.
- Fatty fish –
CANCER SYMPTOMS AND CAUSES
- Lump or area of thickening that can be felt under the skin.
- Weight changes, including unintended loss or gain.
- Skin changes, such as yellowing, darkening or redness of the skin, sores that won’t heal, or changes to existing moles.
- Changes in bowel or bladder habits.
- Cough or having trouble in breathing.
- Uncontrolled bleeding or bruising.
- Muscle or joint pain.
- Hair fall problem.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF CANCER
There are various types of cancer. The cancer seems to show the abnormal cells which divide the uncontrolled and destroy body tissues.
These cancer are following below ;-
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Basal cell cancer
- Skin cancer (melanoma)
- Colon cancer
- Lung cancer
TREATMENT OF CANCER
Doctors are working together to re image a world where millions of prevention cancer deaths are saved and access to life-saving cancer and giving the treatment to all and taking care of themselves equally no matter he is rich or poor, discrimination of caste and colouur.
Each year, hundreds of activities and events take place around the world, gathering communities, organisations and individuals in schools, businesses, hospitals, marketplaces, parks, community halls, places of worship – in the streets and online – acting as a powerful reminder that we all have a role to play in reducing the global impact of cancer.
- Radiation therapy
- Bone Marrow transplant.
- Hormone therapy
- Targeted drug therapy
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Clinical trials.