National Mango Day
Every year,22 of July,we celebrate the national mango day. It is a two day festival held in Delhi for casting in the summer season. Mango is one and only fruit that is fully juicy and sweet with a seed at the center in the species of tropical trees. It is a fruit that is all time favorite of children, elders,youngsters and everyone. The ripe mangoes are more delicious to eat than other fruits. The other raw mango also has a delicious taste with applying salt. The best way to celebrate National mangoes day is by eating mangoes,a lot of them. Mangoes are grown widely in frost-free tropical climates,which makes India grow more cultivation. South Asia is native to distributing mangoes worldwide. Mango is the national fruit of India,and Pakistan, and it is an unofficial fruit of Philippines. And the national tree of Bangladesh.
In India, mangoes are also called “ The king of Fruits”. So the government has declared it to be a national fruit. In India Mangoes are commonly harvested during the month of march-may. Nearly half of the world population enjoy mangoes that are harvested in India. There are around 100 types of varieties of mangoes grown in India. Ripe and Raw mangoes are used directly for making delicious dishes. There is a lot of variety in dishes with mangoes. Some of them are mentioned here : A special mango juice,shake,ice-cream,cake,chocolate,pudding,mango pulp with ripe mangoes, and pickle and mango pulp with raw mangoes and a lot more. Skin,seed, and the sap of mangoes are also used to make “Ayurvedic Products or medicines”.
The mangoes are cultivated for over 5000 years.The scientific word Magnifier was derived from the Sanskrit word manjiri meaning flowers growing in small clusters. Mangoes have taken place in Indian history as well as in the poetry of great Indian legends. The shape,size,color,texture and taste of mangoes have been attracted towards itself for eating it well. The fruit of mango thought to celebrate International Fruit Day originated from the will to create a worldwide festival day for people of any culture, nation, mentality, religion and way of life. The aim is to share fruits in sympathy and joy with family, friends or needy people. It is a perfect day to celebrate the summer season with a fun filled learning opportunity in the form of a Mango Party. Children might be introduced with their friends for making a mango party. Mangoes have many varieties such like dussehri, safeda,choosa,langda,ha-pus,Alphonso etc.
Philippine Carabao Mango as the “world’s sweetest mango”. It is also the most delicious, tastiest and fiber-free cultivar of mango. The ‘Alphonso’ mango is a named mango cultivar that originated in India. Favored for its sweetness, richness and flavor, the Alphonso has been called the king of mangoes . Salem in Tamilnadu is the famous city for mangoes. Mangoes can be yellow,green,red,orange and depend on the variety.
Benefits of eating Mangoes
According to fact there are 14 main reasons to eat mangoes in summer time.
- It helps in fighting cancer : Mangoes contain antioxidants such as quercetin, fisetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, Gallic acid and methyl gallate. All of the properties protect our body to breast cancer,colon cancer,prostate cancer.
- Helps in maintaining cholesterol level : mango contains high levels of vitamin C,fiber and pectin.
- It helps in cleansing skin : Another benefit of eating mangoes is that it cleanses your skin from deep inside your body. It also improves our skin for glowing.
- Helps in regular diabetes : eating mango leaves are great for regular diabetes. Bowl 5-6 mango leaves in a vessel can decrease the suffering with diabetes. It is also helpful to increase blood sugar level.
- Helps in Alkalising in your body : as mango are enriched with tartaric and malic acid contains traces of citric acid. It helps in maintaining the alkali reserve of our body.
- A way to lose weight : As mango contains a lot of vitamins and essential nutrients,eating one mango makes you feel good. It is loaded with fibrous content, it boosts the digestive function and burns unwanted calories from the body. This, in turn, helps in losing extra weight.
- For healthy eyes : As we know the mangoes are loaded with vitamin A, so it is a perfect fruit for improving eyesight. It also prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
- Aids good digestion : Enriched with fiber, mangoes aid good digestion and prevents many stomach related diseases.
- Help in strengthening the immune system : the essential nutrients vitamin A and C are beneficial for your immune system keeping it strong and healthy.
- Use it as body scrub : Apart from eating, applying mango scrub on your body gives you a smoother and tender skin. You can make a paste by mashing mangoes and adding honey and milk to it. Gently massage and leave on for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off to get a great skin.
- Improves concentration and memory : If you have low memory or are difficult to concentrate, then hold on mangoes. It helps to improve concentrate and also boost your memory.
- Contains high Iron : The high iron contains mango natural remedy for anaemic people. Women should eat mangoes to increase iron level and calcium contained in their bodies.
- Prevent heat strokes : This summer fruit also helps in preventing heat stroke. Eating it cools you down instantly and hence refreshes you. Add this ‘super fruit’ in summer and stay cool during the hot weather.
- An Aphrodisiac fruit : mango is also known as “love fruit”. It is so helpful to increase men’s masculinity power. So,have mangoes and enhance your love and passion.
Mango is the food of the gods. The Mango tree is the symbol of love, wealth, fertility and even immortality. In India, the leaves of Mango trees are used in wedding ceremonies in order to ensure that the couple bears many children. Hence,we all should eat mangoes for a better immunity system to get.